By way of definition, a smart TV is a digital television that is, Internet-connected for entertainment. Today, I shall be giving you a very detailed guide on how to setup IPTV on LG & Samsung TV with the help of smart iptv app or ss iptv.
Smart TVs are available as stand-alone products but regular televisions can also be made “smart” through set-top boxes that enable advanced functions. In other words, you can connect an IPTV box to a non-smart tv to make it a pseudo-smart tv
Besides being able to receive cable and satellite or over the air (OTA) transmission passively, smart TVs are designed with extra hardware and connection ports, as well as a TV operating system with a GUI.
What App can you use to Watch IPTV Playlist on your Samsung or LG Smart TV Directly
The most popular IPTV media player for Samsung smart TVs(with tizen OS and non-tizen OS) and LG smart TVs with WebOS “smart IPTV player“.
Smart IPTV player is a media/video player that is specially designed for use on specific smart tvs and android devices. For example, the only way to load IPTV playlist on Samsung smart tv is by installing smart IPTV player. As for LG, the LG content stores have a couple of IPTV players but none of them can match the quality of smart IPTV.
Devices supported by Smart IPTV
Below is the list of the devices that are currently compatible with the smart IPTV player app.
- Android TV boxes
- Smart TV with Android OS
- Samsung Smart TV with Tizen or non-Tizen OS
- LG WebOS smart TV
- Amazon fire
- Mag box
In addition, if your own TV runs an android operating system, you are even lucky as you can install just about any iptv players to your tv including smart IPTV. Some of the top tv manufacturers that have adopted Android as their TV’s OS includes Vizio, Sony, Hisense and so on.
Finally, smart IPTV is simply a bedrock for playing your IPTV streams on Android TV, Samsung smart TV or LG.
* The application does not contain any channels, you have to add your own
*he application is free for a limited time to try its functionality.
Coming on the heels of Smart IPTV is Simple Smart IPTV. SS IPTV as its fondly referred to is SS IPTV is multi-purpose IPTV Player, which allows playing and streaming of video from the internet or in local net directly on your Smart TV.
It is also one of the most popular Smart TV applications in CIS, South America and Europe. SS IPTV has become the first app of LG Smart World, which provided the opportunity of IPTV viewing for its users. Sadly, SS IPTV is not yet supported on Samsung smart tv.
Requirements for Watching External IPTV playlist of your Smart TV
Basically, you need to meet the following requirements before you can stream IPTV playlist on any smart tv.
- You need a supported TV brand with the Supported OS. For example, you need either a Samsung, LG or Sony smart TV to run smart IPTV app
- Good, fast and stable Internet connection: what separates the regular TV from the smart is the presence of internet protocols and internet apps.
- Availability of a good internet modem. Preferably a Wi-Fi router
- Lastly, you must have a working IPTV playlist that you will load on the app. You can download free IPTV playlist worldwide from “gratisiptv.com/world-wide” or by searching for same (use the following search tag IPTV playlist for smart tv free download”) on www.google.com
IPTV on LG & Samsung TV
We are now in the business end of this post. In the section below, I shall be illustrating how you can install either smart IPTV or ss IPTV app to your Samsung or LG smart tv with the aim of watching tv programs from your own playlist.
How to Install Smart IPTV App on Samsung TV via Smart IPTV
For reason that is not yet known, smart IPTV app is no longer available on the app store of certain Samsung smart tv. However, you can still install the app to your Samsung tv by sideloading it to it. To get started with smart IPTV app on a Samsung TV, read the followings:
How to install Smart IPTV on Samsung TVs with Tizen OS (J/K/M/N/Q/R):
- First, Extract (unzip) the contents of the following Tizen Widget file to the root of a USB drive and insert it to your TV’s USB slot. Make sure the userwidget directory is located in the root of your USB drive. The application will appear on My Apps screen among other apps.
- On J series Tizen TVs, you can try turning off Menu -> Smart Hub -> App Auto Update to avoid losing the application on every TV restart.
How to sideload smart IPTV to non-Tizen Samsung TVs (E/ES/F/H/HU/J4/J52):
- Extract (unzip) the contents of the following Orsay Widget file to the root of USB drive and insert it to your TV’s USB slot. The SmartIPTV directory should be located in the root of your USB drive.
- The application will appear on a Samsung Apps screen among other apps.
Important! The application does NOT work on D series or older Samsung TVs.You have 7 days to try out the application. Afterwards, each TV can be activated after one time payment. See below for the activation screen that will pop-up on your tv once your 7 days trial elapses
Steps To Setup and Load your IPTV Playlist/Account on Samsung TV Via Smart IPTV
- First off, connect your Samsung smart tv to either a wired or a wireless internet connection. Go do this, press Menu on your remote>> go to settings>> general>> network> open networks settings>> choose your network type and connect
Next, go-to apps and search for Smart IPTV(if you can’t find it on the Samsung app store, install it manually by following my guide above). see the image below for how it looks like
- Now, launch the app and you will see a screen that contains some information including your mac address. Please, not down you mac address as you will need it to activate your subscription and also to pay the one-time payment for the app after your 7 days trial.
- To upload your own external playlist, visit https://siptv.app/mylist/ and in MAC field put the МАС address of your TV (example: a1:b2:c3:d4:e5:f6). See example below
In the Filename field press the “Browse…” button and show the path to your newly created file and press “Submit/send”.3. Restart the Application on your device. and your newly add IPTV playlist would be displayed on the smart IPTV app on your TV
Congratulations, you have successfully added your playlist to your Samsung IPTV via smart IPTV. I f you wish to add other resources such as DVB channels
How to Install Smart IPTV App on LG TV via SS IPTV
LG has a couple of great IPTV apps that can play IPTV channels in her store. Therefore, i won’t bore us with smart IPTV tutorial on LG. If you would prefer siptv on LG, you can take a clue from the Samsung guide above, On the other hand, let me give you the guide on how you can upload your IPTV URL/playlist to an LG smart TV.
Steps to Uploading IPTV Playlist URL on LG Smart TV
- The first and most important step remains to connect your TV to the internet. to do this, press menu on your LG remote and navigate to settings>> Network>> choose your network type. See image below
Once you have connected your LG Tv to the internet, open the “LG content store” and search for SS IPTV. Download and install the app. The icon of the app is exactly as shown in the picture below:
From the SS IPTV App’s menu, go to settings>> choose your language from the right pane> tap on getting connection code button. A 7 digits unique alpha-numeric codes will be generated automatically
Next, visit the following site from your TV’s browser: http://ss-iptv.com. Change your language to the desired one on this site
Now, you will need to go to the “for users” tab and select playlist editor” then type your “connection code into the box provided for this and click on add device. see below for image
I hope you already have your IPTV playlist URL or file handy. This is when you will need it. The next screen is where you will enter the details of your IPTV playlist/URL. See the example below
Finally, exit your web browser and go back to the ss IPTV app on your LG TV open it and click on the refresh button. The refresh button is the first icon on your right